Friday Five: Grand Tour
One of our original ring members, jo(e), wrote yesterday about a trip she and her sisters are taking overseas with their parents, to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Many other RevGals are headed for the Festival of Homiletics in the coming week (click here for information on a RevGals meetup!!). In honor of these upcoming trips, herewith your Grand Tour Friday Five.
Name five places that fall into the following categories:
1) Favorite Destination -- someplace you've visited once or often and would gladly go again: SO many places, so little time.
Ireland- in the summer, with the fuschia hedges spilling out over the walls along the road; for pubs where dogs just walk in like customers, and the Guinness is fresh; for immeasurable amounts of sacred spaces and the greenest greens I have ever seen; and the faith needed to drive on those winding mountain roads with no guardrails at high speeds.
2) Unfavorite Destination -- someplace you wish you had never been (and why)
Los Angeles- too many cars and smog and pavement.
3) Fantasy Destination -- someplace to visit if cost and/or time did not matter
A tour of the Pacific Rim: Australia; New Zealand; Hong Kong; Bangkok; and anywhere else it looks like I should check out.
4) Fictional Destination -- someplace from a book or movie or other art or media form you would love to visit, although it exists only in imagination
5) Funny Destination -- the funniest place name you've ever visited or want to visit
The Concrete Wigwams on Route 66. Never been- sounds cool. Close second could be the Ice Hotel in Finland. It would be funny because we would be so bundled up that if you laid down , you might not be able to get back up like the kid in Christmas Story.